Thursday, September 29, 2011

Phrases and Happy pills

I love phrases.  Little sayings that will encourage me to continue on even when I don't think I can. The phrase I received today was  GAP - God Always Provides.  Others I have received are  FROG - Forever Rely on God and PUSH - Pray Until Something Happens.  I keep these phrases on little post-it notes on my monitor at work as little reminders.

I have to admit I am very blesses.  I have a wonderful husband and son.  My job and the people I work with couldn't be better.  I have worked at my current job for over 6 years and still really enjoy it. My husband is also employed and my son is going to college.  Yes, money is tight but we have food in our mouths, our bills get paid and we have a roof over out heads. What do I truly have to be sad about? 

After all the things to be truly happy I still have to take Lexipro.  I've tried to get off of it and boy do I get mean.  I don't even like myself when I'm off of it.  When I do take it I feel like myself again.  I've been told that it's like taking blood pressure medication.  That I just have a chemical imbalance.  You would be surprised at the number of people that actually take medication.  Most are just to embarrassed to admit it.  To me it's just a fact of life. I didn't start taking medication until after my grandpa Yoho passed away.  I don't always have to take it.  So I will try again later to get off of them.  Hopefully it will work next time.  Because it sure is expensive.

The reason I put these phrases on my computer monitor is to help remind me that things are good.  I just have to trust in God to get me through.  I try to focus on the positive stuff even if there is negativity around.  But it's not easy trying to be a glass have full kind of person.  All of us have days when we are down.  Some for good reason like losing a loved one.  Other days you might not know why you are down.

If you ever do get down I hope you will be able to take the phrases I've shared and be able to make it a better day.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Have a great Thursday!

Jackie

No comments: