Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Amy!

Saturday was my best friends Amy's birthday.  Amy and her family invited Michael and I to have dinner with them then go back to their house to visit for a bit.  It was a nice quite low key evening.  We laughed until our faces hurt.  You know it's a good evening when that happens.

Amy is on the left and I am on the right.  It was my surprise 40th birthday this past February.


Amy and I met back in May of 1991.  Amy was sitting out front of the apartment complex we lived in with her oldest daughter Katie that was 10 months old at the time.  Katie turned 21 in July.   I was 20 and Amy was 21 at the time.  We found out as we were talking that we were both pregnant.  She with her middle daughter Jessica and I with my only child Blake.  Four years after Jessie and Blake were born Amy had her youngest daughter Olivia.  She is my God daughter. From the day Olivia was born I have called her Lou Lou.  I have no idea why.  I adore all three girl.  They are like my nieces but I will always have a special place in my heart for Olivia.

When you have been friends with someone for twenty years you go through quite a bit of life experiences together. Through good times like having a child and sad times like losing a loved ones. Amy would be the one I would call.  I don't know what I would have done without her.

Amy, I hope you are blessed as much as you have blessed me over the last 20 years.  You deserve nothing but the best. Know I will always be here for you and would give my last breath for you.  I love you my best friend and my sister.

No comments: