Thursday, September 15, 2011

Photographing Volleyball Game

I went to my God daughters volleyball game last night determined to take some great photos.  Well if not great at least try to improve from the blurry mess the week before.  Thanks to froknowsphoto.com I was able to improve from the previous week.  Don't get me wrong I still have a ton to learn but I feel I'm finally moving in the right direction.

One of the tips I learned was to set your SLR on auto.  Take a picture and see what the setting are.  From there you can move your camera into manual and start making adjustments with your ISO and F-stop.  As I stated I already knew to push my ISO to 1600 but I have never played with the F-stop until last night.  When I added the additional light it was remarkable the difference in quality.  I learned how to change the settings for the F-stop on my camera from a tutorial on froknowsphot.com.


With this photo you can see it's darker and there is blur in several areas

With this photo you can see it is a bit brighter and the blur is cut way down


I think another thing that helped with the blur issue is I was further away is the picture on the bottom.  There is so much movement in volleyball I think the auto focus didn't know what to focus on . That and my settings were wrong. As I have stated I have a long way to go but I am having fun working on learning more about my camera.

I don't know Fro at all but, he helped me and if you are interested in photography his website might be able to help you out as well. The lessons are in video format so he is showing you as he goes.  He shoots everything in raw.  I have not started learning how to photo shop pictures yet so I am not ready to go raw yet.

If you have a website on photography please be sure to leave it in the comments.  Or if you have suggestions I would love to hear them.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Jackie

No comments: