Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wild West Casserole - My guys favorite meal

Wild West Casserole is one of my husband and son's favorite meals.  I learned how to make it back in high school when Michael and I first started dating.  It is very easy to make and doesn't take much time. It is not the healthiest of meals but as I've said my guys love it.

The ingredients you will need

1 pound ground beef (or turkey meat)
1 can tomato soup
1 large can of ranch style beans
1 small onion (optional - my guys do not like onion so I don't use it)
1 large bag of Frito's
1 large bag of cheddar cheese
salt, pepper, garlic to taste

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Brown the hamburger meat.  Add salt, pepper and garlic to taste and chop up the onion and cook until clear with the ground meat. Drain the grease.  Add the soup and beans to the ground meat and cook until warm.  Get a cake pan.  Pour half of the Frito's on the bottom, cover with cheddar, pour in meat, soup, bean mixture, add cheddar on top of that, put the remaining Frito's on top of the cheddar and the put a final layer of cheddar on top.  Place in the oven and let cook for approximately 15 minutes or until the cheese in melted and is slightly golden on top.

I think this is best served hot.  I don't care for the left overs but my guys love it either way.  Not that we really have much left over. 

No comments: