Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tonight Tonight

When I woke up this morning I was feeling great. I hopped in my truck to come to work and heard my favorite song (of the moment) Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae. It is such a fun upbeat song it always puts me in a really great mood. With a morning like that I knew it was going to be a great day.

Our family is very eclectic when it comes to music. We listen to Red Hot Chili Peppers, ACDC, and The Beatles, the Carpenters as well as the old and new country music. I know quite a few people that do not like country music and that is OK. What can I say, in the end I'm a Texas girl. About the only thing my husband and I don't listen to is R&B and Rap. Well we do like 80's rap and some of Eminem stuff.


My guys will go into our "office" and pull up iTunes and hit random and play a game they made up. You have to guess the name of the song, the person, group or band and the name of the album. I think the first two are one point each and the name of the album is like 5 points. They will play this for hours. Our computer does not even have our full collection of music on it. I would guess we have close to 800 CD’s. I have no idea what we have. We will be listening to the radio and I will say oh, I would love to have that CD and my husband will tell me we already have it. We have way too many CD's to keep track of.


The other thing our family really enjoys is watching movies. I think I've watched around 84 of the top 100 movies and that is because I like black and white films. I think I only beat my husband by 1 or 2 films. Blake did really well I think he has watched like 60 ish films. Michael and I started watching movies back when we started dating. We watched every film that was out from 1986 until 1990 when we got married. My dad would try to rent a film for me and would get so angry because I had already watched it with Michael. I finally had to say I hadn't watched something just to make him happy. We have quite a few movies as well but I think it's less than 100 DVDs.


My guys love sports as well. I knew I was in trouble when Blake was watching bowling at a young age that I didn't have a prayer. I already knew my husband was a sports addict from when we started dating. So while they watch sports I try to read a book. It’s very hard to do that when you hear the crowd going crazy. I end up watching whatever is on TV the majority of the time. Because you know you don't ask questions during a game! Thank God for instant replay. I prefer watching sports in person. I love the atmosphere and the roar of the crowd. My favorite sport to watch is any sport Blake is playing in. If Blake isn't playing then I love the art of baseball, the fast pace of basketball and the hard hits and phenomenal catches of football. Oddly I'm the one who ends up wanting to read whatever sports figure's novel that comes out. By the way Josh Hamilton's book is really good. Joe Torre's book was good. It's seems a bit repetitive to me.


What do you and your family enjoys doing together?


Jackie





1 comment:

Unknown said...

We love our family movie nights. We make sure there are huge amounts of food to accompany it. Good times.