Monday, October 3, 2011

Were back from Poteau

Michael and I both left work early in order to get on the road a little early to beat traffic.  Before we could get on the road we had to get packed, fill up the truck with gas and get dad something to nibble on. My sister came to stay with our dad. She was not able to get there until late because her oldest son Justin and his son Brody came up as a surprise for dad.  Justin had to work late so it put them in Keller later the than expected.
We finally pulled into Poteau at 8 PM.  Blake met us at the hotel so we could go to dinner.  The first place we went was closed so we ended up at Mazzio's.  After we finished dinner we went  back to the hotel and just relaxed, visited with one another and watched TV.  Blake had to be back at the dorm by 11 PM for curfew.

Saturday morning we got up way earlier then I would have liked to but, it was worth it knowing I would get to see Blake again. We hop in the truck fill up with gas again and drive another 90 miles to Clarksville, Arkansas.  The most exciting thing to happen on the drive was Michael poking a hole in his huge fountain drink and trying to keep it from spilling all over until we could get stopped.  When Michael got back in the truck he had another fountain drink some M&M’s for him and Bit of Honey for me.  We start going and he drops an M&M.  I wish you would have been there to see his reaction to that.  To say he wasn’t happy is putting it mildly. I just laughed at him.
We make it to Clarksville and watch baseball from 12 PM until 6 PM.  The Vikings won 2 out of the 3 games.  All of the boys had an opportunity to play.  It was a very long day of baseball.  The weather was beautiful.  It was sunny with a nice cool breeze.  We couldn’t have asked for a better day.   I was very thankful for the shade that we had.  In my younger days I would have stayed out in the sun.  I guess I’ve learned in my old age.

Blake rode the bus back with the team.  Michael and I stopped to eat at Longhorn Steak House.  It was wonderful.  We didn’t get back to the hotel until 9PM.  Blake came to the hotel after he took a shower and got cleaned up.  We got to see the ending of the Ranger game and the Longhorn game.  They both won so the boys were happy campers.  Blake hasn’t gotten to watch sports very much since he has been in Poteau.  So we watched ESPN after the Ranger and Longhorn games were over and talked sports.  Well the guys did.  I put in my 2 cents on occasion.
Sunday we slept in until 10 AM.  We got up and took Blake to brunch.  We were going to do his laundry with him however, when we got to the laundry mat he realized he forgot his laundry detergent.  Laundry detergent is kind of key if you want to have clean clothes. So we headed to Wal-Mart to get the few things he needed.  When we were leaving there was a guy around 20 going in without a shirt on.  When we got in the car Michael surprised us with his shirt off.  We were cracking up.  He is a nut.  As soon as we saw him he hurried up and put his shirt back on.  You never know what my husband is going to do.  He is so funny. 

We originally planned on leaving Poteau around 3PM but ended up leaving around 1 instead.  Blake was going to go to Fort Smith with a friend and we had a long drive home. 
On the drive home I up loaded pictures I had taken this weekend.  I also passed the time reading a new book I picked up called Forever Faithful the complete trilogy by Karen Kingsbury.  I will let you know how it is when I finish reading it.  I also got some sleep.

We finally got home around 6 PM.  We unpacked and then went to the grocery store to get dad all the stuff he would need for the week.

It was a busy weekend but we really enjoyed ourselves.  I hope you had a wonderful weekend as well.

Jackie

No comments: