Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Walking Dead

My husband recorded the first season of The Walking Dead when they aired it again before the new season began.  At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch this show but, it has sucked me in.  I find myself alternating between covering my face with my hands, covers or pillows. It's like a car accident.  You don't want to look yet, you can't look away. When it's time to watch another episode I cringe.  I want to see what happens next yet, I'm scared to death of what is to come.

We are watching the season 2 premier as I write this.  From the first time I watched this show it has had my nerves on edge.  I got through the first season but the start of this season has me almost peeing my pants. I'm a nervous wreck and my husband is watching it like he is watching The Love Boat.

I think the writers have done a fantastic job with the script. The make up artist are true artists.  I don't know if I've seen better zombies.  This show has plenty of gore as well.  It grosses me out sometimes.  But as I said, I can't seem to stay away.  I almost wish the shows were not DVR'ed.  It would be nice to have the commercials to get my nerves back under control.  I guess I love to torture myself. Oh well, it's good to get your blood pumping now and again.

The only other Zombie type movie I have been able to get through was Zombie Land.  But it was more on the comedy side.  If you have not watched this movie you should.  My husband and son made me watch it and I'm glad they did. If I'm flipping through the channel and find this on I will stop and watch the rest of the movie.

My husband has a calender telling him how to survive the zombie apocalypse.  He says he is prepared if the zombies come.  I guess I'm safe if it ever happens.

Hope you have a wonderful Thursday.
Jackie

1 comment:

Nolita said...

Love TWD! I remember watching the first episode on Halloween last year and then having to watch something else to rinse my brain afterwards. We still come back for more every week. Best zombie show ever!