Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sad News

I'm completely bummed out.  I just found out after work that Dara has decided to move back home. I understand how it is moving away from all of your friends and family.  I did it at a young age but, I was married to the love of my life.  Dara's boyfriend got a job back down by where she lives so it would be silly for her to stay up here when she moved up here to be closer to him in the first place.  Oh well, so much for girls movie nights.  Her last day at her job up here is Wednesday. She will be with her mama on Thanksgiving Day.  I'm so thankful she is doing her college courses on-line so she didn't have to skip  a semester of school.

The upside is I still have my baby boy at home.  Blake goes back to Oklahoma on Sunday.  He will be gone for two weeks then he will be home for a month.  This makes me very happy.  I love having him home. When he is away a piece of me feels the like it is missing.  I guess I better get used to him being gone. I'm sure he will want a place of his own by the time he graduates from college.  Heck, by then he could be engaged or even married.  You just never know.

I am hoping we can figure out a place for our Christmas tree between now and this weekend.  We always put our Christmas tree up with Blake. I sure don't want to break that tradition before we have to.

One of the Youtubers I watch had some really cute Thanksgiving treat ideas.  If you would like some cute treats that are quick and easy you should check her out on Youtube under HeyKayli .  I'm thinking about doing the Pilgrim hat.  I think that would be the easiest one to do. If I make anything I will be sure to either video it or take pictures of each step so you can follow along.

Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!
Jackie





1 comment:

Nolita said...

So sorry to hear that your new roomie is moving out so soon! Maybe you can plan some activities here and there with her anyway?

I can't wait to see your tree. I am so ready to put ours up!

Kayli is adorable...so cute and patient. I would be nervous and twitchy doing videos I think...no help to anyone. ;.) Those pilgrim hats look yummy! Post pics if you end up doing them.

Happy Thanksgiving!