Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tech Savvy and Craft sites

I wish I were tech savvy.  I have no idea what I am doing with this blog.  If blogger wasn't so user friendly I wouldn't be able to post anything.  What I would really like to do is learn how to change my template to something other than what is listed on the blogger site.  I see some people have supper creative headers and frames around their posts.  There are so many things I would love to do with this site but can't because I'm to new to blogging. I'm sure I will eventually learn.  It is frustrating being patient.

Have any of you ever looked at a sight called pintrest?  It is a really cool site where people give each other craft, redecorating, and repurpose ideas.  Basically any idea you can come up with someone is bound to have a board made up.  The cool thing is once you are a member you can start making your own boards.  My niece showed me the site a few weeks ago and I've been hooked.  She flagged this really cool looking coffee table.  What it ended up being was two palates put together, painted a really pretty color with casters as the legs.  It didn't even look like ugly old palates.  Other items were window panes made into frames and tons of other fantastic ideas.  If you have a moment you should go check it out.  Especially if you are into decorating or crafts and the like. Let me know if you find anything you fall in love with.

What are some things you would like to learn more about?  Are there any websites you think I should check out?

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Jackie

1 comment:

Nolita said...

I can't do Pinterest or Twitter or even texting on my phone because of the drain factor (my timesucks of choice have been whittled down to FB and blogs). It's much too overwhelming and I need a filter and time to process. I get my fair share of Twitter and Pinterest from many of my favorite bloggers though and I find it helps to have it condensed down into affordable DIY steps sometimes. A couple of great sites that I love are http://makingitlovely.com/ (she inspired me to create a library in our home) and http://nothingbutbonfires.com/ (she is just awesome and has such great style and shows us how to add style for such little money).

As far as help with blogger, I wanted to do my own header and found out how with Blogger Help. I use Photoshop Elements to put a few different photos together et voila. http://thepioneerwoman.com/ has a lot of good photo editing tutorials and some yummy recipes too.

My blog has made me grow and network in many ways and I've found so much support from many of the women bloggers out there. Love it!