Thursday, December 22, 2011

Three days until Christmas!!!

On my word, all week long I have thought it was later in the week then it actually was.   Do you know how depressing it is when you realise you have more days to work then you were thinking?  Honestly, I love my job. I'm just looking forward to sleeping in and spending time with my guys.

Saturday will be a lot of fun.  It's our annual shopping trip for our Christmas Eve gifts and Eating at Outback Steakhouse. I love their steak and green beans.  The last couple of years I have not been able to participate. In 2009 I literally couldn't walk. I had surgery on the 15th and the 30th of December to install the stimulator to help block pain.  Last Christmas my back was out because I had to keep taking dad 3 hours away to the ER just in case he needed to be readmitted to the hospital.  We were at the ER until 6 AM he was admitted for a few hours and released then had to be taken back a few days later and was put in a rehab nursing home for a few weeks. Trying to sleep in hospital chairs did a number on my back. I did make myself get out to CVS and pick up a couple of gifts for the guys.  They were surprised.  I'm going to ask dad if he wants to go out with us on Christmas Eve.  I have a feeling the answer will be no.  I just want him to know he is welcome.

I'm also looking forward to the guys opening their Christmas gifts. I know Blake and Michael are going to love their gifts.  I still feel I need to find something else for dad but, I just don't know what. Maybe I will get him some new slippers.  We have a couple of things for his stocking.  I need to pick up a couple more items for that. 

I really want to find some kind of furniture that will go next to dad's chair so he can get a little more organized. I have the perfect idea but have not found what I'm looking for.  I also need to make sure it's the right price. So this might have to wait a little bit.  If I find it I will take a picture of it.  As I've mentioned before, his area is a mess and after a year I've had enough. I know he can't help it.  That is why I haven't said anything. But, if I find this drawer/shelf unit I'm looking for then he will be happy and we will be happy.

I hope you have been able to find the perfect gift for everyone on your list.

Merry Christmas!
Jackie


1 comment:

Nolita said...

What about a credenza or secretary for your dad? I had a really nice secretary in our office that I ended up giving to my stepmom a few years back. It is a very pretty piece of furniture where papers and books and supplies can be kept and the desk portion closes so the laptop etc can be hidden. Loved it but didn't need it.

I did the same thing this week with the days. Yesterday seemed like Friday. I am glad to have the extra days to finish shopping and hang with family, but the work portion was not really welcomed...

Happy Friday Eve!