Tuesday, December 20, 2011

In Shock

I just found out some horrible news.  A family friends home burned down this weekend.  Thank God they were all able to get out safely.  If I'm in this much shock I can't imagine what they are going through.  I tried to call Sherri to see what we could do to help but she wasn't available.  So I called Stan.  He said the fire was so bad that they are even going to have to rip out the slab. An investigator will be looking into the situation.  I wish you guys could meet this family.  They are wonderful. They would give the shirt off of their backs to help anyone who needs it.  I actually worked for them for about 5 years before I started working at the firm I'm working at now.

Their youngest daughter Kassidy was 5 months old when we met.  Blake and Justin were in first grade playing on the KYA Angels baseball team. Blake and Justin are just 14 days apart.  Blake's birthday is December 2nd and Justin's is December 16th. As a matter of fact this family is the reason we decided to move Blake from his public high school to the private school he graduated from.  Justin is the oldest of 4 kids. There is Justin, Shay, Kassidy and Josh.

What makes this fire even worse it was Justin's 20th birthday this weekend, Sherri's(the mom) birthday is Dec. 25th and it's Shay's Sr. this year. They lost everything.  All of the birthday gifts, Christmas gifts.  You name it.  Stan did say they were able to save some clothes.  But, I wonder if they will have that fire smell to them.  Gilda (Sherri's mom) said they were able to save some pictures.  I told them I will get all of the pictures I could find of their family to them.  I don't know what else to do at this point. I offered to bring them food but Stan said that quite a few people are already bringing them food.  Right now they are not able to to much.  They will have to wait to it to be demolished so they can start to rebuild again.  I think this house is maybe 5 years old.  It just breaks my heart. I am so thankful they all got out safe and sound.

Fortunately Stan's parents and Sherri's parents are within the same neighborhood.  Thank God for family.

I hope you have a nice Tuesday.

Jackie

2 comments:

Nolita said...

Wow! That is so sad and shocking. A family from my old church lost everything to a house fire recently too. I cannot even imagine. I am so glad that no one was hurt and that people are jumping in to help with meals and stuff at this awful time. I'll add your friends to my prayers!

Bless with a Boy said...

Thank you! I can't even imagine it either. Thank God they have a huge family and lots and lots of friends.