Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy 20th Birthday Blake!!!

Dear Blake,

Happy 20th Birthday sweetheart!

I can't believe my little premie was born at 5# 3oz, 19 1/4" long. When you came home you only weighed 4# 14oz. You were so tiny that your premie clothes swallowed you.  Your sock was smaller than my thumb. It was the size of a cotton ball.   When they took your baby picture in the hospital they had to put a wash cloth under your shirt to fill it out.  We thought you were the most beautiful new born that ever lived.  Now we all look back at that picture and realize you looked like an alien.  The upside is you didn't look like an alien for long.  By the time you were three month's old you were beautiful.  When you were little I would tease you and tell you that you were to pretty to be a boy.


 Blake Born 12/2/1991
9:10 PM
Blake 3 Months old
My favorite baby picture
Who would have thought that after being so tiny you would turn out to be 5 ft. 11" and well on your way to 200 pounds?  It still amazes me that you wear a size 12 shoe.  Thank God your alien look went away and you became a very good looking young man. Not that I'm biased or anything.





I could not be more proud of the man you are becoming. You are a sweet, caring, loving, athletic, smart young man.  You make my heart melt with your sweet smile. My favorite thing in life is to just be around you.  I don't care if it's watching you play any kind of sport, going out to dinner or the movies or simply staying home and watching TV or playing a board game.  As long  as you are with me my heart is complete.

Since you have graduated high school and gone off to college I have watched you grow and mature.  Each time you come back home you are more grown up.  It's hard to think that you turn 20 today and your dad and I will not be there to celebrate it with you. I guess I will have to get used to that.  It's all part of you growing up.

Thank you for being such an increadable son.  Thank you for making being a parent so fun and easy. I am sorry we didn't give you siblings.  You would have made a fantastic big brother.

Please know you can always come to your dad and I for anything.  We love you more than life it's self and woud do anything for you.

Above all NEVER forget:

"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living my baby you'll be. " by: Robert Munsch

I hope you have the best birthday of your life so far, on this, your 20th birthday!


Love always,

Mom aka Madre

2 comments:

Nolita said...

Happy Birthday Blake!

That is such a sweet tribute to your son, Jackie! Hope when he comes home for Christmas you can get out to celebrate his b-day in style!

Nolita said...

Regarding aliens, my bro 10 mos before me was a c-section baby and I accidentally came out VBAC (I couldn't wait I guess) and my dad was so freaked out by my cone-head alien appearance that he stormed out of the room. Guess they didn't prep him for that. My head mostly straigtened out since then... ;.)