Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas gift crazies

I am trying to figure out what Christmas gifts I need to get for my sister and her family.  I have a couple of ideas of what I'm going to do for my niece, my sister and my great nephew Brody. It is my two older nephews and my brother in law that pose the issue.  I was looking at hunting and fishing things and that would most likely be the safest way to go with all three of them.

Do you have family members that you just have no idea what they would enjoy for Christmas? 

I hate giving gift that people are not going to enjoy.  It's a waste of money and time as far as I am concerned.  When I give a gift I want the person to be as excited about receiving it as I am about giving it.

My husband has started a list of things he would like to have.  Not necessarily all of the items are for Christmas but just gift ideas in general.  My son has made a Christmas wish list.  At first it was small but he has called and e-mailed adding to the list as he comes up with ideas.  They don't give me the opportunity to do this.  To be honest I have no idea what I would really want.  I'm always pleasantly surprised with what I receive from them so I'm not complaining.  Well, most of the time.

One year they went to I don't know how many stores and were so supper excited about this one particular gift.  With the way they were acting they built it up in my mind as this gift that I was just dieing to have and I didn't know it.  I opened it up and it was a quesadilla maker. Not exactly the gift of my dreams. My face showed my shock and disappointment.  I felt bad because they were so excited and went to so much trouble making sure I got this awesome gift.  The thing is I LOVE quesadillas. That is what I get every time we go to a Mexican restaurant. That is why they thought I would be so ecstatic about it.  As a matter of fact Michael has been the one to make the quasadillas all but a couple of times.  His always turns out better than mine.  I guess it's just an added perk to the gift.

Here's to hoping that you find the perfect gift for everyone on your list and receiving something you didn't even know you wanted.

Merry Christmas!

Jackie

1 comment:

Nolita said...

You like being served and eating quesadillas, not making them. So it worked out, I guess. ;.) Why not have the guys set up Wish Lists on Amazon.com to make things easier. And set one up for yourself too. I direct Scott to my wishlist which I add to over the year(s) because right before Christmas, I magically don't want anything. Maybe your nephews and BIL have wish lists out there already?

We are still shopping and starting to feel the pinch of the time crunch.

Happy Hump Day!