Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Busy Bee

Oh my word.  I don't know what it is this time of year but, it always seems to get crazy busy.  The upside it sure makes the day go by in a snap.  The down side is sometimes you look up see the time is gone and don't have a clue what you did with it. Fortunately, we still have plenty of December left to get everything finished for year end projects.  It's just working in everyday work with year end projects that gets interesting.

This Friday is our companies annual Christmas party.  We have had it at Bella Italia in Fort Worth since the firm began.  One of the owners is a huge wine buff and loves to give all of us the opportunity to try really expensive wines.  He gets upset when we end up liking the cheap stuff better.  It's kind of a game now.  I always try a new wine each year.  Before the glass is finished I end up drinking Coke a Cola. I prefer Dr. Pepper but, they do not carry it so I make due.  The reason Summit takes us here every year is because they do not serve the normal fare.  Before we get started they have a snack buffet and large verity of wine.  Once everyone is there we move in to the dinning room.  Appetiser are served.  One year it was rabbit. We have a choice of two main courses. I always get the buffalo.  It is delicious.  I don't recall what the other choice is. There is always a desert after.  I normally pass this up. Last years was some kind of cream cheese with a raspberry topping.  I guess all of it is to fancy for my small town girl taste.  But, it's always nice they let us experience something we wouldn't normally get to do.  The fun part is the gift exchange.  Each couple brings a $15 gift.  We put them all in the middle and then draw numbers 1 - how many couples are there.  It gets interesting. But a lot of fun in the end.  I still have not gotten my gift. I really need to get on the ball. 

Does the company you work for throw a company party?  Do you exchange gifts?  What has been the best gift you have ever received or given?

I'm just thankful my back is cooperating so far this week. I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

Jackie

No comments: