Friday, February 17, 2012

Missing my baby boy

I am missing my not so baby boy somethin awful right now.  We will not get to spend any real time with Blake until May. Don't get me wrong I am thrilled he has a scholarship for baseball.  He is exactly where he needs to be right now.  I just miss his smile, hugs and kisses. We have been so blessed to have had him in the first place but, to have ended up with such a care, giving, loving and compassionate young man is more then any parent could ask for.  I could not begin to tell you the number of parents that have told us he is welcome to come over anytime. That he is the nicest, well mannered young man they have ever met.  It feels good to have people compliment your child but, it also makes you squirm a little bit. 

I called Blake last night and it went to voice mail.  To say I was disappointed would be an understatement.  I have tears in my eye right now just thinking about my boy.  Blake did call back.  He had been playing table tennis at the church. Unfortunately it was just a quick conversation because he was heading to the schools basketball game. I want him to be active and be out doing things.  It's all part of the college experience.  As long as he keeps bringing in the good grades he can live it up!  I just wish I could get a hug now and then. He gives the best hugs ever.

Last year when Blake was a freshman in college, he lived so close that we got to see him at least when he dropped of his laundry and picked it up.  There were times he would even come home for the weekend.  Not often but enough that it wasn't so bad that he was in college.  When he moved to Poteau we still had my dad living with us so we were busy doing stuff for him. Now, with dad gone and Blake in Oklahoma our house feels so empty. 

We are heading to Blake's ball games next Friday. But, we will not really get to visit Blake.  I guess I will at least get a hug from him and that will have to tied me over until I see him again.

Hope you guys have a great weekend.

Jackie

No comments: