Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Home Body

Have any of you watched Mike and Molly? Oh my word, is it funny. I don't know if I have ever watched an episode that I have not laughed through. I only wished I would have watched it last year when it began.  I wonder if I can get the first season somewhere.

I have become a home  body over the last few years.  When I was younger I loved to go go go. But after having Blake and never being home due to him being in every sport growing up we were not home much. Give me a good book, show or movie and I'm good to go. It drives my husband batty.

I think the reason I don't enjoy going out as much is because I hurt everyday due to my back and neck.  I have three herniated discs in my lower back and two herniated discs in my neck.  I just found out I have two discs that have bone spurs. Fortunately I had the nerve stimulator installed at the end of 2009 for my lower back and that has help tremendously.  I would love to get one installed in my neck but, I don't want to fork over the $1,500.00 to do so. The Dr. is wanting to do the cortisone shots or something else I don't recall what it was.  I just don't want to keep sinking money in this issue that isn't going away so I'm trying to live with it.  Because the 5 herniated disc are not pinching off the nerve completely they will not do surgery to correct any of the problems.

I am trying to make myself get out and do things even if I don't feel up to it. I know I won't regret doing things with my husband and it will make him happy and in turn it will make me happy.  Don't get me wrong he is more than understanding and pampers me like you wouldn't believe.  He will do it all just so I don't risk hurting myself. He and Blake hate seeing me in the kind of pain that makes it hard to put one foot in front of the other.  My motto is it's a great day as long as I am able to walk.  Even if it's slow and steady it's better than being trapped in bed not able to sit up due to the level of pain it brings on the really bad days.  I'm am very blessed to be married to a man that is willing to care for me on those time.

Right now we are redecorating and organizing things a little at a time.  It's nice to have our house going in the right direction.  Now that we don't have games all during the week or weekend we actually have time to get things done a few weekends a month. It's strange but nice. I will try to remember to take before and after pictures.

Well I'm going to get to bed.  I hope all of you have a wonderful Tuesday.

Jackie

No comments: