Thursday, February 16, 2012

Disappointed about the new bedding

I'm so disappointed.  I opened up the bedding last night and it was the silk top that I'm trying to avoid.  So we have to take it all back and start over. I know I'm being overly picky but, we don't go out and buy a lot of things so when I get the opportunity I want to get something that I know I will be happy with for the long haul.  The only problem is I'm not a girl that enjoys going from store to store browsing.  I like to know what I'm looking for go in get it and get the heck out of there.  I know I sound like a guy but, it's honestly how I feel. So back to the drawing board.

We have been married 22 years and have never owned a formal bedroom suit.  My aunt Dianne offered a cherry wood suit to us last weekend but, we are being stubborn and want to pick our first one out ourselves.  I think I want to go Texas country.  I already have the two end table.  We just need the rest of the room.  If we decide to go that way then I know the perfect quilt we saw at Bed Bath and Beyond.

Do any of you have suggestions?  Where can I get bedding that is stylish and affordable?  The bedding I'm taking back is Ralph Lauren.  It was on sale.  It was normally $400 but we got it for around $150. It is beautiful.  If only it didn't have all of that silky material on it. We bought that type of bedding last time and have come to HATE it. With two dogs that like to jump up on the bed and play and me not going to get pedicures as often as one should it just isn't practical for our family. Besides, I'm a country girl at heart and love quilts. They are both beautiful and comfortable.

If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.  Hope you have a wonderful Thursday.

Jackie

1 comment:

Nolita said...

A little over a year ago I ordered a nice duvet from Macy's, then I ordered 2 duvet cover sets from Amazon and I love both sets. I especially love the giraffe set I got- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002X7A0IK/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details - I also got an ivory set that I like - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002H9WJEW/ref=oh_o00_s00_i01_details and they were not bad on price, and not silky. I mostly keep the giraffe set on... I don't have a lot of decoration in the bedroom; it's hodgepodge but the bedspread is my favorite and makes the room look more put together. Amazon and Macy's are both good places to buy online and returns are free. I think the duvet covers work nicely without the duvet when it gets warmer also... good luck choosing!