Friday, February 10, 2012

Lost

Since losing my dad, it has made me miss my mom being gone that much more.  I still have their number in my cell phone.  Heck I think I still have my Granny and Grandpa Yoho's number in my cell.  It's hard to let go.  I know they are both better off in heaven. But, my heart misses them.  I miss giving them hugs. Or just laughing and cutting up with them.  I know as time passes it will ease.  But for now, I have to work through the pain.

We have been cleaning our house out.  OK honestly my husband has been cleaning our house out.  It's looking great!  We were going thought the things in the coate closet and decided to finally let go of his mom's coat 20 years after passing.  Patti passed away 4/24/1991.  Michael put it in the goodwill pile and got choked up.  It hits you at the oddest times.  You think after 20 years your heart would be completely healed but, when you love someone apart of you dies when they die.  You will never be the same as you were.

Both Michael and I have lost both of our parents.  We still have Michael step mom Pam and her new husband Frank.  We love them dearly and are fortunate that they allow us to continue to be part of their lives. Mostly we have each other. Blake is grown and off to college.  We miss him terrible.  Hearing about his game over the phone is not the same as being there watching every pitch, at bat, catch and throw.  So Michael and I will continue to hold on to each other and the love that started almost 26 years ago.

I love you honey.  Thank you for being there for me through the good and the bad.  Without your love and support I don't know if I could have gotten through all of the losses.

Jackie

No comments: