Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cancer is not a laughing matter

My husband has had some moles that have concerned me for quit sometime. I have been asking him for years to please have them checked out. My concerns are valid. Michael’s mom passed in her 40's and his dad passed in his 50's. Michael’s mom had a brain tumor and his dad had pancreatic cancer. Needless to say I'm a little panicked when it comes to the possibility of cancer of any kind.

What finally got Michael to go to a dermatologist was my lifelong friend Stacy called to let me know that her husband Bryan had a malignant mole on his eyebrow. Apparently Bryan has had several moles removed over the years that were pre-cancers and when this last mole popped up it was during the holiday season and he didn’t want to take time out and get it looked at. When Bryan finally got the mole removed it was bad news. The Dr.'s were not able to get clean margins the first time around so that had to do surgery last week. I was not able to be there for the surgery but, Stacy sent me a picture. It made me cry. His poor sweet face. They had to go in not only at the eye brow but on the cheek as well to remove lymph node. They are still waiting on the news to see if more surgery will be needed and what course of action needs to be taken from here. This is my best friend’s prince charming. So many prayers have gone up and will continue to go up that all is free and clear of cancer.

Michael’s dermatologist appointment was this morning. He was check out from head to toe and he is fine. You have no idea the relief I feel and the guilt I feel for the relief. Especially when my sweet friend and her family are in the middle of uncertainty. The only thing I know to do is pray for her and her family and be there for her when she needs me.

Be sure to hug your loved ones and let them know how much you love them. You just never know when something scary is coming around the corner.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

Jackie

No comments: