Friday, May 30, 2014

Tagged to answer a few questions about myself.

I was Tagged!! 

By: Nolita Morgan from  M*O*G*A*N*I*C

 http://nolitamorgan.blogspot.com


1. Do you play a musical instrument? If so, what instrument?

I played the clarinet when I was in Junior High.  I wanted to play the flute but because my sister played
a clarinet  I learned how to play that first so it messed up my lips for learning to play the flute.
Or that is what they said. 

I told Nolita recently that I would like to learn how to play my son's electric guitar so that my grandchildren
will say my Nana plays the Electric Guitar! hahaha   I think would also be something that would connect
 my son and I.  He can play the acoustic and I can play the electric.  Maybe he can teach me both.

2. What is the last thing you cooked that you loved?

 

These are the last two thing that I did that turned out pretty cool.  The owls cookie were delicious! 
I prefer chewy cookies but my Aunt was helping and she thought they needed to be cooked longer
due to how big they are.  She was concerned they would fall apart.
They were so yummy I want to make them again.
Go to Pinterest.com and  type in peanut butter owl cookies several links come up.

Surprisingly the watermelon owl was easy to make. There were so many to choose from.
This is the one my aunt really wanted me to make for her daughter.

Go to Pinterst.com and type in watermelon owls and you will get a multitude of choices.

I love Pinterest!

3. What is your favorite (alcoholic or no) beverage and why?

I would rather drink Dr. Pepper than anything else hands down!  Especially now with all the medication
I take for my back and neck.

If I do drink I prefer to have a fuzzy navel.  It is Peach Shnapps with Sunny Delight. I only like it with Sunny D!


4. Is there anything new you plan to do or tackle this summer?

I am try to make myself walk so I can start to build up muscles again. I just started back.  I took my dog and
my walker. From the time she was a puppy she would walk maybe a block and then climb up on my like so I
could holder her.  She is a princess after all.  However, she gave me a big surprise and walked the 30 minutes
with me.

Here is to hoping to build up my leg muscles so that my right leg doesn't feel like it's going to break at any
moment! 

OK Time to Jump into Melissa's Questions!!! :-)

Melissa with http://www.yourstrulymelissa.com/ Tagged Nolita Morgan from
M*O*G*A*N*I*C http://nolitamorgan.blogspot.com .

Since this has been so much fun I thought I would join in and do her questions as well.
Hope that is alright with Melissa and Nolita.


1. What has been your most favorite vacation to date? 

We went to Disney in Orlando and had the time of our lives!!  Blake was 8 and the perfect age.  We hit every 
Disney park, MGM, Universal and the Gator park and we went to spring training game.

Last Summer was the first time since then we have gotten to do anything due to my son being in select baseball 
since he was 9.  We went to see a couple of my husbands cousins, went to the Astro's game and stayed 
across the street from the stadium.  That was a blast because one of my cousins and her husband met
us up there. Then we drove to Luckenbach, Texas just to say we have been,  There was a rooster and some
chickens on the stage we sat on that didn't take to kindly to it.  It was quite funny! haha.  Then we spent our
last few days at a spa.  It was wonderful.  I didn't want all the expensive massages and all of that just let be go
around and around and around the lazy river and I was in heaven!   

2. Do you prefer big city life, suburban life, or a life in the country? 

I love the quite to the country life.  If my back wasn't so messed up I would love to live in the country. Or at least
have a country home. (not that we can afford that)  I want to move back to Central Texas or it's known as the 
Heart of Texas.  The Temple, Belton, Austin are.  But my guys are in heaven here in the Keller are because we 
can go to Pro or minor league baseball games, pro basketball games, pro football games, pro hockey games 
and if they wanted pro soccer games.  Not to mention all the music and other fun activities.  So I don't wee us l
iving anything but the suburban life and I'm ok with that.  As long as I have my husband and son. I am a happy girl.

3. What is your favorite type/genre of food? 

Mexican or Italian.  Probably Mexican for the queso alone.

4. How would you typically dress yourself for a weekend night out? 

Well, it depends on what we are doing.  If we are going to the movies, shorts and a top or t-shirt. Comedy club, 
concert Jeans or this tan scort that looks like a skirt all the way around but are shorts.and a nice top with cute 
pair of shoes. if it was summer.  Winter jeans a cute top and either boots or shoes.

5. Do you like to wear accessories? If yes, what are your go-to accessories? 

Yes,  I wear my original wedding band and a nice diamond ring my husband bought me for our 15th 
wedding anniversary. on the left I wear this silver ring that all the  Aunts , and my sister and I in place of my mom 
wear as an agreement to keep the family together. and then I also wear my James Avery ring and charm bracelet if it won't snag on my shirt.  I either wear my diamond stud ear rings or I wear a matching necklace and earrings to 
match.

6. How do you typically fix your hair? (Blow dry and straighten/curl? Air dry? Wash and go?) 



Don't laugh to hard.  I am starting to go through a 1950's to 1960's hair phase. So I use sponge rollers and these 
cool metal 1950's rollers that were my granny Howard's.  I have a post coming up about it with a massive mess up 
that is hilarious!  This weekend was a good one.  I will post that as well. One lady was in awe and asking me how 
long it took ect. and said it looked like a pinup girl.  That made me feel great!  That it was worth the work. Now if I 
only had the pin up girls body! haha  Oh, well. I am having fun and that is what matters.

My hair has gotten past the bottom of my bra.  I still have bangs.  So I am now growing them out for the first 
time in my life. Come look at these awesome wrinkles world! haha

If I don't have time to do anything it's a wash and go.  My hair is so straight when my hair dries I was asked what
hair straightener do I use.  I laughed and said God.

7. What make up do you wear on a daily basis? Do you have a preferred brand of cosmetics? 

I have always used Cover Girl. I bought some Elizabeth Arden base and powder and got some samples last 
summer and I still have some of each.  It lasted way longer then I expected.  I do have to say that I have used 
iquid base some in the winter because the base was way to dark.  Now I am mixing the liquid with the foundation 
and blending it to make it the right shade for now.  I have used the trial blush just about everyday.  The lipstick
is till going strong.  However I do use other items besides just that brand.

8. What is your preferred workout? (Gym? Outdoor running? Yoga? Group classes? None? Etc...?)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA work out?  oh, that is a good one. Sorry,  I haven't found anything that doesn't through
my neck and back out. (3 herniated disc's on the lower back and two herniated disc's in the neck with bone 
spurs.  Well that was the last time we did scans.  That has been a few years now)  I so want to go walking 
with my husband.  I am so very proud of him.  He is eating so very healthy and working out and walking.

Wait,  I just remembered I found a website that had me just pulling my head back and my shoulders back not 
where the blades touched but where it all lined up properly.  It was a God send.  I need to try those exercises 
and get back to you on this question.  I really want to try them.  I am just afraid because the slightest thing can 
have me bed ridden and that isn't fun at all!

9. Where is your favorite place to shop online? 

Amazon.com  You can find just about anything you want.  Since I a prime customer I can even get discounts 
which is even better!

10. Do you enjoy entertaining guests in your home or would you prefer to be a guest and leave
 the hostessing to someone else? 

We have never really had the time to even give that an option. While Blake was growing up he had sporting 
events every weekend. In the summer it was baseball tournaments.  The times we entertain we end up going 
out to dinner because we are normally on the go. We do not have any family members that live very close.  Most 
are 3 hours or more away.  The one that is only about an hour away is going through the sports phase of life but
with two boys.  We try to go see them play on occasion.  It is always fun.

11. What quality do you really value in your significant other?

I am the luckiest women in the world!  He spoils me rotten.  But above and beyond what he does for me. My very favorite quality is the love and relationship he has for our son. Our little family always comes first.  He feels 
guilty if he needs anything for himself.  That is the part that upsets me.  But also makes me love him because he 
can be so selfless.

NOTE:  Be sure to comment if you participate so we can share answers.

2 comments:

Nolita said...

Love that you tackled my 4 and Melissa's 11. It was fun getting to know you more. I sure hope your back feels better soon so you can get on that walks with your hubby and start enjoying life more. Prayers!

Bless with a Boy said...

Thank you Nol! Back is feeling so much better. We altered some meds and that has seemed to help quite a bit.