Thursday, May 15, 2014

Stuck in the 1950's

A few months ago I asked my aunt Donna if no one else wanted my Granny Howard's old metal rollers that I would love to have them.  The next time my little family went to see my Aunt Donna and Uncle Leon I was given the old 1950's metal hair rollers. You have no idea how much that means to me.  I adored my granny Howard. I remember her sitting in her chair every night rolling her hair while we watched an old black and white film. That is where I get my love of old movies.

Since receiving the rollers I have been in this mode of rolling my hair with sponge rollers and grannies metal rollers.  I think the last time I posted a picture of myself I had a bob hair cut.  I now have hair just past the bottom part of my bra if it isn't curled.  Then I have another layer about 4 inches above that.  The shortest part I have are my bangs.

With the length of hair I have it kind of looks silly with my bangs so short. So, after talking to a couple of people I trust, I decided to start growing my bangs out about a month ago . I have had bangs since I was in the womb!  I wait until I am 43 years old, with lines on my forehead before I decide to expose it to the world. You are welcome.  It really makes since with the hair styles I really want to start trying.

As I stated , I love old movies. Particularly the 1950's song and dance numbers and the love stories. You know the kind.  They have Gene Kelly, Barbara Grace Reynolds, Frank Sinatra, Doris Day. I could go on and on.  I love the dresses and pant sets, hair styles and makeup styles back then. I have come across I don't know how many channels on YouTube with various 1950's hair styles.  I am in heaven right now.  I have tried a few hair styles. Some that worked out nicely and some that did not. I will share that with you soon.

Cherry Dollface

Cherry Dollface was the one that got me even more hooked than I already was.  I LOVE this hair style.  I sort of got my bangs to do one victory roll this morning.  But I didn't have time to really play and work on the victory rolls enough for me to do them on a weekday.  When I finally get my hair to do this I will be posting a picture!  She also dose tutorials for vintage makeup.

What do you think of the 1950's styles?  I am not saying I want the women to go back to the 50's.  Just bring the styles back a little bit. If you know of any site I should check out let me know.

Have a great day!
Jackie

No comments: