Thursday, March 22, 2012

I'll be missing you

As I mentioned in my last post Blake came home for a couple of days. Unfortunately for me I didn't really get to visit with him as much as I would have liked to.  I'm trying to make up for the day I missed so I have been working until 7 every night.  I guess really it's not much different then any other week but, this time I would have loved to have been able to go home at 5 and visit with my son.

On Tuesday I finally got home and made Blake his favorite meal.  It's called Wild West Casserole.  It's really an over glorified Frito pie. But my guys love it.  Poor Michael got sick after eating it.  He just can't handle anything even remotely spicy. I was hurting really bad so I took some medicine and after we ate I fell asleep in a chair. So, I didn't even really get to visit with Blake on Tuesday.

Wednesday, I worked until 7 and met the guys up at the Stix facility.  Blake was working on his batting with Shane.  He has been going to see Shane since he was 9yo.  It's crazy because Shane now has 3 kids.  A 4yo little girl and a set of twins.  One boy, one girl. He showed us some pictures last night and they are just adorable. Shane and Blake know each other so well in the batting cage, that Shane can just give Blake a look and Blake knows what Shane means. Shane can pick up on things that Blake doesn't even realize he is doing and can show him how to adjust to hit that much better.

After batting we stopped at Chicken Express which is one of the places Blake wanted to eat at before he head back to OK.  After we got home a friend of his stopped by.  They watched a movie with us and then we went on to bed to let them hang out.

I woke Blake up before I left for work so he could get up and get his tire repaired before he heads back to OK later today.  I'm not ready for him to go back but, I'm glad he is enjoying himself.  I am so thankful that the guys on the team all get along.

On a completely different note, my bracket isn't quite as bad as I thought. I still have 8 teams left in the sweet 16 of the 2012 Final Four. I'm in second place within our company right now. Here's hoping Baylor goes all the way and wins! :-)



Well I have to get back at it.  It's going to be another long day at the office. Hope you have a fantastic Wednesday!

Jackie



No comments: