Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Bob Schneider was awesome!

We went to An Evening with Bob Schneider at The Kessler Theater in Dallas this past Saturday night. As always Bob knocked it out of the park.  Wait a minute,  I am getting a little ahead of my self.


According to google, The Kessler Theater in Dallas is a Historic theater staging music shows, performance art and films, with a separate dining area/bar. 



When you walk into the building you check in to the right and if you would like to buy merch. it is to the left.  You take a few steps more and the bar is to the right and the bar/dining seating is to the left. They do have a more intimate seating area a little further up that had a couch, chair and love seat. And guess who was standing by that area when we got there? None other than Bob Schneider himself.  Of course we went straight over there and stood in the shortest line we have ever stood in and got to shake his hand and have a picture taken with him.




Michael, Bob and Jackie
(of course dorky me has to carry a back pillow)

My husband apologized because we only found out about him 6 months ago.  Bob graciously said better late to the party than never.  I said but, we have seen you in concert 3 times. He seemed pleasantly surprised to hear that.  We thanked him and moved on. Bob continued to do his meet and greet. 

There are two halls. One with a side were the ladies room was and another where the men's room was.  Down those halls are the doors the the bottom floor of the where the concert is.  We started a line in  front of one of the halls.  There are stairs where you can go up and sit in high back leather chairs and look over the rail down at whoever is playing.  On the bottom floor at the very front is the stage.  Then there are maybe 8 to 10 tables with 4 seats at each table.  Kind of like when you go to a comedy club. The rows of chairs start directly behind the tables. There is a little isle up the middle.  There are a few more chairs on the back wall. Then people stand again the walls on both levels.  As I said it is quite intimate.

As we waited to be seated, we noticed a sign hanging on the wall that said:

What is the concert etiquette policy? We want everyone to be relaxed and have a great experience. Our shows range from dancing and heavy metal to classical and singer songwriters, so the norms may change per show. A good rule of thumb is to go by what other concertgoers are doing. If they are clapping, singing and dancing then you should, too; but if they are sitting quietly and listening intently to every sound then you probably should too.

We got a kick out of it.

We saw a video of a couple of ladies that were at a concert and apparently wouldn't stop talking. Someone complained so the talkers were asked to leave the club.  The women still didn't stop talking and ended up being recorded.  It is on YouTube. It was also picked up on a few news sources. I will post the video the on Wednesday.

I wonder if this sign was posted before or after the women that talked to much were asked to leave.  I should have asked.  Oh well.

The only reason I brought this up is because there were some talkers at our show.  I told them to shut up a couple of times.  They were pretty messed up.  Bob even commented and told him he could handle the show on his own that he didn't need any help.  Then during a song that was kind of a biography about a friend of his that passed away they were laughing hysterically. After Bob finished the song he said I didn't know Satan and his entourage were here tonight.  I wanted to ask the staff to ask them to be quit.  Not necessarily ask them to leave but to please stop talking.  But,  I didn't want to miss any of the show so I stay seated.

I have to say that the Kessler is in the nice part of North Oak Cliff.  The staff were wonderful people and very kind. Michael had to give the guy with the dreads a hard time.  You will understand after you see the video on Wednesday.  I have heard of some great places to eat around the Kessler as well. As a matter of fact on of my coworkers lives not far from the Kessler and loves it there.

Anyway, back to Bob Schneider. He played 40 dogs (Romeo and Juliet).  The video I left for you last Friday. That is probably my very favorite song of his.  He played Honey Pot and a host of other songs. The cool thing is he sells a copy of the show right after the concert is over on these cool lego that looks like him that is also a USB drive.  We haven't purchased a show yet.  We might one day.

He has great songs.  Some are love songs, some are tacky and of course he funny songs. There is something for everyone.  

This show He played the guitar, A rhythm shaker, keyboard, and trumpet.  He had foot peddles to help him add layers so the songs always sounded great.





Sorry the quality of the pictures are so bad.  I didn't use the flash.  I wasn't sure if I was supposed to take pictures or not.  So this is the best I could do.


There is a few hundred seats at the Kessler so it is quite intimate and that is what made the concert so cool.  It was like we had Bob Schneider jamming session in our living room with some of our closest friends and family.  We are really looking forward to seeing him in Arlington in September. That concert will be with his whole band.  The show we saw him at Billy Bobs was with his entire band and they were fantastic.



Bob plays at the Kessler every 3 months so I know we will be heading back there soon to see him in action once again.  We either want to get a table or go up stairs to the high back chairs.  I am sure it will depend on if we have friends to go with us or if we decide to go alone.  If you sit at the tables he asks for requests. Michael is really wanting to hear him play Batman live.  That is a fun song.  You should look it and other songs up on YouTube or other places to see what you think of him.  Be sure and let me know what you think.

When the show was over and the lights came up we saw the four idiots that were talking.  They were so messed up I have no idea how they could talk.  I  hope they had a DD.  If they don't have a DD I sure hope they have someone else drive them or I hope they lived close and were able to walk home. One guy was so messed up he could hardly keep his eyes open. It was probably a good idea I didn't get them kicked out. They probably would have wanted to fight.  Of course it probably would have been comical to see that.

Even with that I still would go back to the Kessler in a heart beat.  The situation had nothing to do with the venue or the performer.  It was with the people who didn't know how to hold their liquor.

I hope you have a blessed day!

Jackie




No comments: