Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Go Go's Concert

We went to The Go Go's concert on Saturday night at Billy Bob's in Fort Worth, Texas.  It didn't start until 10:30PM.  You know you are old when your husband tells you the concert starts at 10:30 PM and you go "WHAT!????"  haha

Michael has loved The Go Go's as long as I can remember.  He has been in love with Belinda Carlisle for as long as I can remember as well. So, when we heard they were going to be at Billy Bob's I said go ahead and buy the tickets.  At the time I had no idea it was going to start so late.  But, if I really think about it, the headliners don't normally start until that late anyway so I guess it's no big deal.

Saturday night we get cleaned up and head out what I new was going to be to early.  Michael it notorious for being early.  We parked over by Coopers BBQ which is directly across from Billy Bob's. Because we were so early we got to eat some BBQ.  Coopers has the best BBQ.  They also have live bands on the weekend.

After we ate we walked across the street, went to will call to get our tickets and hit up the gift shop.  We didn't buy anything but, it's always fun to walk through the gift shop to see the fun things they have.  We still had some time so we walked around looking at all of the had prints or boot prints mounted on the wall of the various groups/people that have preformed at Billy Bob's.  They had a small rodeo going on in another area.  At one point in time they had a mechanical bull.  I guess they have taken it out or I just never found it.  It was odd going into a country and western facility seeing people dressed up in 80's garb.  Some of the bartenders were dressed in 80's attire as well.  Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of people dressed in western attire. I guess I just wasn't thinking about pulling out the 80's stuff to fit in. Heck,  I couldn't fit in any of the 80's stuff I had back then if I tried!  They have a stuffed bull in a bucking pose that people climb on to get their picture taken.  Why someone with a mini skirt on would do this is beyond me but, it happened.

We finally made our way down to our seats.  We had fantastic seats. It was dead center of the stage.  We were in the "second" row.  Which sounds like you are right there but with the way they have things set up it's not quite as close as it sounds.  They have 2 6' tables in the front row space to walk then 2 6' tables for the second row. Etc.  They were still great seats.  The show started right at 10:30.  It was awesome!  A guy behind us apparently got kicked out for standing up and dancing.  Then at one point Belinda had some people from the crowd come on stage and had everyone in the crowd stand up and dance.  The majority of the folks sat back down after that but several groups stayed standing.  There is no way they could throw that many folks out.  It's almost impossible not to be dancing in your seat at the very least when The Go Go's are dancing around singing their songs and having a blast.  If they come to your town, I would strongly recommend you going if you like them.  We had a blast! That was Michael's second time to see them.  He saw them in 1985 the first time.  This was my first time seeing them.  They still look fantastic and they are in their 50's.  CRAZY!  We will for sure be going to see them again if they are in our neck of the woods.

Hope you had a great weekend and a wonderful Wednesday.

Jackie

1 comment:

Nolita said...

I may or may not have a picture of me on that mechanical bull. ;.) It was from 20 years ago and I was not wearing a mini skirt!

The Go-Go's sounds like it was a good time...so glad to hear that Michael got to finally be in a room with Belinda Carlisle. ;.)